Rosie will teach how to create a felted sculpture of a Stags head ready to hang up ready for Christmas and the festive season.
- some of her shortcuts to firstly create the form of the head and neck,
- how to centre everything so nothing is lopsided,
- where and how to place the eyes,
- how to correctly needle felt to prevent injury to oneself and breakage of the fragile needle,
- how to blend the wools to create a realistic colour,
- how to create the antlers and how to cover with felt,
- ideas on how to decorate the finished stag’s head.
The head will be approximately the size of a closed fist.
Materials and tools provided:
- 3 x Fine grade Felting needles per attendee (If attendees have their own Felting needles to bring too this will help - if more than the three needles I supply are broken, this could mean that their stags head cannot be completed)
- Balls of ordinary knitting wool
- Manx or / merino wool to needle felt with
- Eyes - 12mm or 14 mm
- Strong glue
The participants will need to bring:
- their own firm sponge/felting pad/high-density foam mat to needle felt onto. This acts as a support and stops the needle hitting the hard surface of the table as one felts. As an approximation of size this needs to be no smaller than 20x20cm or no bigger than A3. It can be square, round… it does not matter. This is NECESSARY to needle felting! One cannot felt without a firm sponge/mat.
- some sewing needles and darning needles
- threads, ribbons or lace to decorate the festive Stags head (optional)
To book and for more information call 01492 593413 or email email@example.com