Archives: November 2021
The Royal Cambrian Academy of Art is looking for a skilled Manager to lead and supervise the work of our small team of employees in running the Academy's gallery and associated activities.
Although you will operate largely autonomously you will work in cooperation with the Council of the Academy, attending and reporting to Council meetings. You will be in charge of finance and budgeting, designing strategies for developing the Academy's image, securing funding and managing day-to-day operations to guarantee efficiency. You will also oversee our compliance and commitment to equalities and inclusion with our status as a charity.
Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills are vital for this role, as good teamwork is important for our success. Suitable candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a clear thinker and possess the ability to identify opportunities for extending the Academy's reach and developing future income streams.
· Assist with all aspects of the day to day running of the gallery and smooth delivery of the art exhibition programme
· Prepare grant/funding applications
· Assess and identify a marketing programme with a view to increasing visitor numbers.
· Implement and complete the gallery’s goals and future objectives in conjunction with the RCA Council
· Engage and develop positive relationships with all stakeholders: including visitors, artists/members, RCA Council members, volunteers, suppliers, Arts Council of Wales representatives, local council and local and national media
· Staff management
· Manage day-to-day gallery finances and help prepare year-end accounts for accountant
· Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
· Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement
· Assist the Council of the RCA in recruiting and training new employees
· Extensive experience in a management position in a customer service environment, arts or related fields
· Sound financial skills
· Good interpersonal and networking skills
· Outstanding leadership qualities and the ability to delegate fairly
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Working knowledge of the latest policies and regulations in the Charity sector.
· Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight. The ability to grow, develop and realise the RCA's potential
· Work some evenings and weekends
· An interest in all forms of creative arts
Ideally a Welsh speaker or learner Knowledge of the wider arts in Wales
4 days per week, usually Tuesday to Friday. Saturday cover on a rota basis. Some weekend and evening work.
£27,040 pro rata
Closing date for applications
Monday 29th November, 2021
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter to email@example.com